Trust the Gene Genie

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The great SJP debate

Like many from my generation, "Real Genius" holds a special place in my heart. In fact, much of my anti-authoritarian leanings displayed while I was in school can be traced back to this movie. Val Kilmer made it seem so cool to be a non-conformist smart-a.

Because it is cool.

And while he clearly makes the movie what it is, the yin to Kilmer's yang, the Felix to Kilmer's Oscar, the wind to Kilmer's wings was Gabe Jarret, the strange-looking, mildly effeminate kid who played Mitch, his roommate.

I'm going to get right to the point here. I've never seen Gabe Jarret and Sarah Jessica Parker in the same room together. In fact, after "Real Genius" I never saw Gabe Jarret in anything. But "Flight of the Navigator," which came out just a year after "Real Genius," had a young Sarah Jessica Parker. Coincidence? I think not. They're clearly the same person. I've posted their photos below. You decide for yourself.



4 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

I'm sold.

Chris Knight: "So, if there's anything I can do for you, or, more to the point, to you, you just let me know."
Susan: "Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?"
Chris Knight: "Not right now."
Susan: "A girl's gotta have her standards."

Stephanie B said...

How do you come up with this stuff. You kill me!

Anonymous said...

wow rob, you've done it again! Thanks for the disturbing image.

Thrashley said...

OMG! I just watched that movie on tv today, and had to google Gabe Jarrett. I thought he was her lost twin or something. Alas, I found nothing, except for your theory. I am now convinced that they are the same person. Spread the word!

Popular Posts