Trust the Gene Genie

Monday, February 04, 2008

Barry and Billary


I figure a little political posting on the eve of the presidential primaries isn't a bad thing. Especially when it involves Claire and a seemingly skeevy-looking Hillary Clinton.

(It's been a while since I've blogged, apparently, so let me bring you up to speed. Claire is my second-grader. She goes to second grade every day.)

So I was driving Claire to school this morning and she was talking about her class. All last week they've been talking about all the different presidential candidates and the process we go through electing them. Late last week she told me that there was a woman running to be the first woman president and a black man running to be the first black president. I told her there was also a Mormon running to be the first Mormon president. She thought that was pretty cool. She then told me she still wanted to vote for Obama. I told her that was a pretty good pick.

Well this morning in the car she brought it up again. Only this time she talked about seeing pictures of the candidates. She said she and her group had seen the picture of the woman and decided they didn't like her because she looked like she robbed banks.

"I think her name is Hillary," she said.

"Yeah, she looks pretty shifty," I said. "Did you see a picture of Obama?" I then asked.

"Yeah, and our group decided he looked nice. I still want to vote for him."

She wanted to know who Mommy and I were going to vote. So I told her it was a closed primary for the Republicans and so Mom would probably vote for Romney. The Democratic primary is open to independents and I was going to vote for Obama. She seemed genuinely pleased by that.

The lesson to be learned here of course is to not vote for Hillary because she looks like she robs banks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Claire read this posting over Rob's shoulder, she asked, "Is she (Hillary) going to see this??" Rob said no but I told her you never know who is out there reading the public opinion. It's a great story. I'd love to see what photo they were viewing.

Stephanie B said...

Lauren saw this posting and said, "Is that my Grandma?" Don't tell Mom, okay.

Anonymous said...

Okay, no kidding. The other day we were looking through a magazine and Brandon pointed to a picture of Hillary and said, "Hey, Grandma." Mom better change her hairstyle and quick.

Anonymous said...

Claire is definately your daughter Rob. Who else would come up with Hillary robbing banks? Which I myself personally thinks she does...

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Candidates are always about the coin.

Amber Carter said...

That picture is great. Ha ha! I think I will take your advise and not vote for the bank robber/Hillary.
I never would have thought Aunt Susan looked like Hillary before but that is hillarious... I think its definatly the haircut. Ha ha ha!

Crazy Granny said...

Hey Rob,
so your voting for Obama. In our house we call him Obi Won Obama. How are you doing anyway? it's been a million years since I've seen you, but I bet your still the same wonderful guy that you always were. I however, am now a million years old. Scary! Take care.

Jim Dyar said...

How about mommy just goes ahead and votes for Obama as well. Yea mommy!

Jon said...

Sometimes a bank just needs robbin'

Why? That's where the money is. Or at least it used to be. Guess it's now in China. Oh well, fun while it lasted...

Popular Posts