Trust the Gene Genie

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

We were watching the Olympics last night and Becky fell asleep on the couch. It was probably 9:30. Not that I was really watching either. I had "Lenin's Tomb" and was reading until I heard some kind of crowd reaction and then I would look up to see what was going on. Last night was kind of drab.

Anyway, by about 10:45, I'm sprawled out on the floor with my book and Becky's completely spread out on the couch snoring. Sudenly she sits up and blinks, looks down at me and says, "You know what we should do?"

I put my finger in my book, look up and say, "What?"

She pulls on the back of my shirt, half exposing my back and replies, "We should give you a back massage with oil."

I start to laugh and she then says, "But we only have cooking oil and that could be messy."

She then lays back down and is sound a sleep. Every so often she talks in her sleep and its usually pretty funny. She's completely coherent, you'd think she was wide awake. And then when you ask her about it the next morning, she has no memory of it. She laughed pretty hard when I told her this morning she was offering to rub me down with cooking oil.

The funny thing is, usually, when she talks in her sleep, its just abstract words. It's never anything that you could have a two sided conversation with. Until last night. That was pretty funny.

No comments:

Popular Posts