Trust the Gene Genie

Tuesday, August 09, 2005


It's been a long week. My Dad and Mom came to visit last Tuesday and just left yesterday. It was a lot of fun giving them a peak of Rogers life in Redding. But it's still kind of wierd to have your parents visit you rather than the other way around. It took a good two days before everyone was relaxed and acting pretty normal. I'm not sure why. We loved having my folks there but it seemed like it took them a while not to feel like they were invading our space or shaking up the routine. Anyway. It's easier going to visit them. Which we'll be doing in November when we fly out to Washington, D.C.

It's funny, I never realized how little there is to do in Redding until I had to entertain guests for a week. Maybe that was the problem -- I thought of my parents as guests I had to entertain rather than, well, my parents. Anyway. We took them on a tour of the Shasta Dam. We had to kill time. And admittedly it was pretty interesting. We took them to Whiskeytown Lake, which was pretty fun. Though neither wore swimsuits or got wet. Anyway. They're off to Seattle to visit my sister and her family and we'll see if they have a better time there. I'm guessing they will. It's Seattle.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Hola... mi nombre es Elena Acata. he leído tu página y perfil, y en vista de que cuentas con un doctorado en español me atrevo a escribirte en el idioma de Cervantes.
No quiero continuar sin mencionar el desagrado que me causo ver la foto del perro, pero más aún sentí verguenza por que se trata(ó) de uno mas de los miles de perros callejeros que rondan las calles de México.
En fin, lo que queiero comentar es que tu blog me parece un blog interesante.
Te comento que yo soy mexicana, estoy casada desde hace tres años con un sueco y por ahora vivimos en Suecia. También soy egresada de la carrera de media, periodismo y comunicaciones y en Suecia estudio pedagogia ya que imparto clases de inglés y español... ok... sin mas que decir, de nuevo mil felicidades por el blog!
P.S. A mi también me encata ver mi nombre impreso, aunque no publico mucho :P

TheRobRogers said...

Elena, gracias por compartir (como deciamos en anos pasados). Y, por favor, desculpa mi espanol. Mi hermano mayor tiene el doctorado en espanol. Y asi, hablo el idioma de Cervantes con mucho verguenza. Vivi en Mexico por dos anos, en Sinaloa, y por esto debo yo hablar mejor que lo que habla ahorita. De todos modos, me hace muy feliz a ver que algien que hable espanol Y sea de Mexico, esta leyendo mi blog.

Popular Posts